"Command and Control for the Company Officer" is a 2-day course intended to provide a practical application of knowledge and skills for company officers or those aspiring for that next level.
"Command and Control for the Company Officer" builds on the following topics discussed in the online self-study course Q0891, "Foundations of Leadership and Operations for the Company Officer":
- Defining the company officer.
- Managing incidents.
- Operational communications.
The target audience consists of:
- Newly appointed company officers.
- Firefighters who perform company officer responsibilities.
- Firefighters pursuing company officer roles in the future.
- Current company officers who want to review their understanding of leadership and operations relevant to their roles.
Incident Command System (ICS)-100-level and ICS-200-level training. Preferred courses are Q0462 and Q0463, available through NFA Online. Chief's signature attests that the applicant has completed this required training.
Q0891, Foundations of Leadership and Operations for the Company Officer, available through NFA Online.