This 6-week, online mediated course addresses instructional methodologies, strategies and technologies used in addressing training for fire and EMS. The course looks at traditional instructional models and theories as well as new instructional techniques and technology applied to training in order to better serve the adult learner.
Students will explore modules to help prepare them to outline, propose and develop quality training using appropriate technology and strategies:
- Instructor Basics and Strategies.
- Training Technologies.
- Health and Safety.
- Emerging Issues and Challenges.
- Training Considerations.
- Training Program Evaluation and Maintenance.
Applicants must have completed a basic instructor training program at a local, state or national organization.
The course is relevant to, but not limited to, training officers with coordination and management responsibilities for training functions in their organization.
- Successful completion of a basic instructor training program at a local, state or national organization.
- Incident Command System (ICS)-100-level and ICS-200-level training. Preferred courses are Q0462 and Q0463, available through NFA Online.