This course focuses on the importance of developing and operating as a functional U.S. Fire Administration (USFA) Type 3 All-Hazards Incident Management Team (AHIMT).
This course meets the needs of the National Incident Management System (NIMS) and the National Response Framework (NRF).
This course will assist individual responders to perform as viable team members by:
- Demonstrating the goals of NIMS and NRF.
- Emphasizing the nature and purpose of a USFA Type 3 AHIMT so that others in the community and emergency services are more willing and able to assist within various components of their local USFA Type 3 AHIMT.
- Demonstrating the critical role that leadership and teamwork skills play in the success of a USFA Type 3 AHIMT.
- Providing a basic framework for building and maintaining critical interpersonal communications and working together as a team member of a USFA Type 3 AHIMT.
- Offering practical experience of on-scene operations through extensive exercises and simulations, as well as through post-course refresher training, by providing students with the opportunity to perform as members of a USFA Type 3 AHIMT during a mock incident management situation.
Recommended: This course is intended to be taught at a basic level. Participants in this course should include emergency response personnel, such as fire protection and law enforcement personnel, emergency medical services (EMS) responders, department of public works, department of public health, emergency management, mass care, nongovernmental agencies, and members of various community and tribal groups offering critical emergency response services.
The National Integration Center disciplines are ideal:
- Incident management/emergency management/ICS change management.
- Firefighting and hazardous materials response.
- Law enforcement.
- Public health/medical.
- Public works.
- Search and rescue.
- Animal control/veterinary.
- Mass care.
- Emergency management.
Recommended: Incident Command System (ICS)-100-level and ICS-200-level training. Preferred courses are Q0462 and Q0463, available through NFA Online.