This 6-day, fundamental-level course introduces the student to the fundamental methodology for application of fire and life safety codes and standards. Although it contains many of the basic principles of code enforcement, more experienced code inspectors and officials might find it useful as a review of essential methodologies and as a useful update to current code enforcement applications.
It is not the intent of this course to present specific code requirements; however, this course focuses more on the methodology of the use of these requirements.
Pre-course materials and course syllabus
|Welcome Letter and Precourse Assignment:||https://nfa.usfa.fema.gov/ax/pcm/pcm_r0390.pdf PDF 451KB|
|Course Syllabus:||https://nfa.usfa.fema.gov/ax/syll/syllabus_r0390.pdf PDF 90KB|
- Individuals whose primary duties are those of a full-time code enforcement inspector/officer with at least 6 months experience.
- Municipal fire department instructors or senior inspectors who have the responsibility to train their personnel involved in full-time code enforcement activities.
- Suppression Company Officers responsible for in-service fire code enforcement.
- Fire investigation personnel involved in post-fire code studies and analysis.
Note: Special consideration will be given to individuals and departments starting new fire prevention bureaus or preparing an individual as an instructor for a code enforcement training program within their department.
Incident Command System (ICS)-100-level and ICS-200-level training. Preferred courses are Q0462 and Q0463, available through NFA Online. Chief’s signature attests that the applicant has completed this required training.
Required pre-course work available through NFA Online:
- Q0751, "Principles of Building Construction."
- Q0368, "Introduction to Fire Behavior in a Single-Family Dwelling."
|December 11 - 16, 2022||Wait List Opportunity Apply||Emmitsburg, Maryland|
|March 5 - 10, 2023||Wait List Opportunity Apply||Emmitsburg, Maryland|
|April 2 - 7, 2023||Apply by 12/15 Apply||Emmitsburg, Maryland|
|May 7 - 12, 2023||Cancelled||Emmitsburg, Maryland|
|June 11 - 16, 2023||Apply by 12/15 Apply||Emmitsburg, Maryland|
|September 10 - 15, 2023||Apply by 12/15 Apply||Emmitsburg, Maryland|