|ACE recommendation||There is no ACE credit recommendation for this course.|
This interactive course replaces two two-day, classroom-based courses that the National Fire Academy has offered for more than 20 years.
Upon completion of the course, you will be able to:
• Describe the benefits of cross-disciplinary cooperation among fire protection and design professionals.
• Explain the elements of building construction as they apply to construction codes.
• Describe the elements of building construction as they apply to firefighter safety.
• Anticipate fire behavior based on structural elements of, and thermal effects on, each of the following types of construction:
- Protected noncombustible building construction.
- Unprotected noncombustible building construction.
- Masonry construction.
- Heavy timber construction.
- Wood-frame construction.
• Explain how design elements and emerging building methods and materials affect fire behavior and structural performance.
Estimated completion time: six hours.