In this 6-day course, EMS personnel/officers/supervisors review the Incident Command System (ICS) and study proper incident command techniques for management of medium to large incidents involving multiple sick or injured patients.
Topics covered include:
- Problem-solving and EMS functions within incident command.
- Resource management and interagency and mutual aid.
- Size-up, strategy and tactics, and action plans.
- EMS company operations.
- Pre-incident preparation.
- Incident organization.
- Strategic command.
Pre-course materials and course syllabus
|Welcome Letter and Pre-course Assignment Information:||https://nfa.usfa.fema.gov/ax/pcm/pcm_r0147.pdf PDF 145KB|
|Course Syllabus:||https://nfa.usfa.fema.gov/ax/syll/syllabus_r0147.pdf PDF 192KB|
- ICS-100-level and ICS-200-level training. Preferred courses are Q0462 and Q0463, available through NFA Online. Chief’s signature attests that the applicant has completed this required training.
- Independent Study (IS)-700,“National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction." (Course certificate must be included with application.)
- IS-201, “Forms Used for the Development of the Incident Action Plan” OR ICS-300, "Intermediate ICS for Expanding Incidents." (Course certificate must be included with application.)
|March 12 - 17, 2023||Full||Emmitsburg, Maryland|
|April 30, 2023 - May 5, 2023||Cancelled||Emmitsburg, Maryland|
|July 16 - 21, 2023||Vacancies Apply||Emmitsburg, Maryland|
|August 27, 2023 - September 1, 2023||Vacancies Apply||Emmitsburg, Maryland|
|October 22 - 27, 2023||Apply between 4/15/2023 - 6/15/2023||Emmitsburg, Maryland|
|March 3 - 8, 2024||Apply between 4/15/2023 - 6/15/2023||Emmitsburg, Maryland|
|June 23 - 28, 2024||Apply between 10/15/2023 - 12/15/2023||Emmitsburg, Maryland|
|July 28, 2024 - August 2, 2024||Apply between 10/15/2023 - 12/15/2023||Emmitsburg, Maryland|
|September 8 - 13, 2024||Apply between 10/15/2023 - 12/15/2023||Emmitsburg, Maryland|