This 2-day course introduces students to the national wildland urban interface (WUI) fire problem and motivates them to initiate action to address the problem within their local community.
- Defines the WUI fire problem.
- Identifies the elements of a fire-adapted community in the WUI.
- Illustrates the need for action at the local level.
Pre-course materials and course syllabus
|Course syllabus:||https://nfa.usfa.fema.gov/ax/syll/syllabus_w0637.pdf PDF|
The target audience for this course may include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Fire and emergency service representatives.
- Community leaders/decision-makers.
- Commissioners, elected officials and other local policymakers.
- Code officials: building, planning, etc.
- Environmental groups.
- Land managers and foresters.
- Other key local stakeholders.
June 24 - 25, 2023
|July 22 - 23, 2023||Emmitsburg, Maryland||
PA State Fire Academy